Wednesday 2 October 2013

Liebster Award



As you may have guessed I have been given the Liebster award from the lovely Kathleen at Gothy and her Crafty Stuff. The Liebster Award was designed for bloggers to give to other bloggers to help promote their blogs, find out about the people behind them and gain more readers. Sopphey has written about it in much more detail here.

So my questions set by Kathleen are these:

  • How long have you been blogging?
Since August of this year. 
  • What made you decide to join the blogging community? 
I have become more and more obsessed with knitting and spinning. I don't know many knitters or spinners where I live so thought this would be a good way for me to say all the things I have to say about it. 
  • Who is your inspiration?
I really admire all those who've managed to turn their love of fiber and yarn into a career. I would love to be able to do that but it's not on the cards for the foreseeable future. 
  • What craft tool could you never live without?
My knitting needles or spindles! 
  • What's the next skill you want to learn?
I've been tempted to learn how to weave but there isn't room for a loom. I like the idea of learning how to use a potters wheel too although again space is an issue there too. I like to learn skills where I can use my hands in a way that doesn't involve drawing, as I can't draw for toffee, so who knows where that will take me?!
  • What's your favourite item you have made to date?
I love the Girasole I knitted for my youngest niece when she was born. Unfortunately I have no decent pictures of it finished. It's also the most complex piece I've knit so I was very proud of it. I did modify the edging though as time was pretty short. 

I'm giving the Liebster Award to: 


and these are my questions for you lovely bloggers:

When and why did you start blogging?
How did you learn to knit?
What is your favourite yarn?
What is your best (or worst) FO?
Where is the strangest place you've ever knit? 
What skill will you learn next?

Have a great day! 


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! I'm excited to post in reply soon! At lot of your answers to your questions could have been mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing on the award to me! It was such a great surprise! I posted answers on my blog. :)

    http://ayarnfullife.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-liebster-award.html

    Emily

    ReplyDelete